Items to complete before JVK Professional Packers arrive
- CLEARLY identify your belongings from those of your landlord.
- CLEARLY identify what you will ship from what you will leave behind.
- CLEARLY identify what you want to send by air vs. by sea (if you have both).
- CLEARLY identify what you want to put into storage.
- CLEARLY separate:
Marriage / Birth
| Prescription drugs
And any other documents that you may need immediately upon your arrival in your new country from the items that you want packed.
- Back up your personal computers
- Notify your landlord or building superintendent of your packing date.
- Complete your valuation of your personal belongings, with separate listings for:
Air Sea Storage
- Make a copy of your passport.
- Complete the customs form if applicable. **Again, a separate form for each shipment
- Complete the customer instruction form.
Items to complete in general when moving to a new country.
- Notify service providers of yourdeparture and give a forwarding address.
Credit card companies
Embassies or consulates
| Utility companies
Cable television providers
Mobile phone provider
Local internet provider
- Obtain medical records from doctors and dentists
- Take passport photographs for each member of your family
- Update your international drivers license
- Contact the Embassy or Consulate of your destination to determine:
Work permit requirements
Unique customs that you should know
Availability of medicines that you need
Anything else they may tell you